Involvement means more than just financial assistance. Direct Energy in the community aims to engage communities throughout North America by supporting charitable organizations through corporate donations, strategic sponsorships, local fundraisers, in-kind contributions, and employee volunteering to fulfill the following objectives:
- To be strategic in our approach to community investment and be viewed as an enabler of social change and community engagement across North America.
- To be philanthropic in our approach to corporate giving, striving to ensure our charitable partners achieve their objectives.
- To recognize the commercial interests of our business, relating our community efforts to the skills we have as a company, to support our employees and their passion for community and to be a leader among our peers in community investment.
Our approach is to empower our employees to get involved with organizations they are passionate about, providing them with innovative programs and resources to highlight their leadership.
Making a Difference in People's Lives
Each year, Direct Energy supports charitable organizations across North America through corporate donations in the areas of encouraging energy efficiency and helping those most vulnerable customers. We do that through three main programs:
Volunteer Citizen of the Year Award
Direct Energy supports volunteers across North America through the Volunteer Citizen of the Year award program. By partnering with local media outlets, we can support and recognize the people and organizations making a difference in their communities. For more information on the Volunteer Citizen of the Year award program and/or to nominate someone, please visit www.DirectEnergyVCOY.com.
The Volunteer Citizen of the Year program currently operates in the following cities and regions:
- Chicago, IL
- Central Illinois
- Capital Region, NY
- Syracuse, NY
- Cincinnati, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Dayton, OH
- Harrisburg, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
Reduce Your Use For Good
Direct Energy helps nonprofit organizations across North America reduce their energy use, become more energy efficient, and save money through our Reduce Your Use For Good program. We provide $2,500 in grant funding to worthy nonprofits seeking to lower their energy usage and costs by investing in energy-efficient products, services, and programs that make a positive impact on people's lives. Less energy usage means lower electricity bills, and this translates into having more money to serve the community more effectively.
How do you apply for one of these $2,500 grants? It's a simple 3-step process.
- Like Direct Energy on Facebook. Visit ReduceYourUseForGood.com and click the "Like" icon as Step 1.
- Tell Us Your Story. When you complete form in Step 2, the most important part of the process is communicating why your nonprofit really deserves this $2,500 grant so you can lower your energy usage and utility bills. We like hearing great stories!
- Spread the Word. For Step 3, tell people about the Reduce Your Use for Good program on Facebook and Twitter. Let your friends, fans, and followers know that you've applied for this $2,500 energy efficiency grant and encourage other nonprofits to submit their stories to us.
A team of Direct Energy employees will review and award grants each month through the end of the year.
Visit the Reduce Your Use For Good website for more information, including the rules, terms, and conditions.
Employee Giving Circles – Power in Numbers
The Employee Giving Circles program is a fun way Direct Energy brings employees together for a common cause or nonprofit organization of interest. Through this program, employees connect with colleagues who share a common passion to collectively increase their giving power by fundraising and volunteering in the community.
Employee Giving Circles make it easy for employees to help their favorite nonprofit, cause, or event. Direct Energy then backs where they spent their time and money in the community with volunteer and matching grants through the Employee Giving Circles.
It's one more way we make a positive difference in the community.
Direct Energy is pleased to support local communities across Texas through various mutually beneficial partnerships and sponsorships. These sponsorship activities are designed to increase the company's visibility and image within its communities, differentiate the company's products and services from those of its competitors, increase activations for the company's distribution channels, and improve the company's overall bottom line.