How do you find the perfect Mother’s Day gift? You know – the one that seems to elude you every year? What do you give the person who loves you loves you unconditionally, has immeasurable patience, and has allowed you to explore who you are as a person in a safe and loving environment? Although you will never be able to repay her, and you feel like she probably has everything she wants, it’s still nice to receive a gift every now and then. Thus, we’ve come up with some simple inexpensive ideas to show your mom how much you appreciate her.
- Make some memories together. Spend the day together, take mom out for a matinee, brunch, or another one of her favorite activities. Or think of something you can do together at home – work in the garden or cook a meal together.
- Tell her you love her. Your mom loves it when you show her how important she is to you, but sometimes she likes to hear you say the words, too.
- Make a scrapbook. Sometimes the most appreciated gifts are those that come from the heart. Fill the pages with anything significant the two of you have shared: pictures, quotes, ticket stubs, and anything else that captures your relationship with your mother.
- Pack a picnic. Pack a basket with some of mom’s favorite foods, fold up your blanket, and get outside with a picnic. Pay a visit to a local park, a museum, or just your backyard. Don’t forget to pack utensils, plates, and napkins.
- Go Traditional. Nothing beats fresh cut flowers from your garden or the farmer’s market. If that’s not an option, get her a bouquet with her favorite buds.
- Give an experience. Whether it’s tickets to a concert, a series of classes from your local college, tennis lessons, or a day at the spa, your mom will appreciate this unique gift. Who knows – she may even discover a new talent or make some new friends.
- Write a heartfelt note. Hand write a letter on nice stationary talking about some of your favorite memories together, what you love most about her, or how you appreciate the little things she does to turn her home into yours when you come visit. Keep it to one page, so she will have the option of framing it.
Although mom will love whatever you give her, with a little thought, you can show her how much you appreciate everything she has done for you.