Happy Canada Day! Are you commemorating the birth of Canada with a backyard BBQ celebration? If so, check out these tips for eco-friendly tips before lighting up your grill:
- Before adding your food, clean your grill’s grates with a natural baking soda paste, rather than harsh chemical products.
- Opt for natural gas and propane grills. While charcoal leaves a great flavor, charcoal grills release up to twice as many carbons as its greener alternatives.
- Rather than purchasing prepackaged vegetables, which are often treated with chemicals, buy your produce from your local farmer’s market.
- Don’t throw away your leftovers; instead, add them to your compost pile (or create a compost pile).
- When you’re done grilling, use the heat from your grill to naturally sear off grill remnants.
Do you have any tips for greening up your Canada Day celebrations? Share them with us on Facebook!