September 23rd marked the official start of fall, and here at our headquarters in Houston, we could not be more excited for cooler temperatures. The cooler temperatures introduce the start of holiday decorating and new recipes – especially involving the seasonal staple, pumpkin-flavored everything!
- This DIY craft is cheap & easy to make. Make your own autumn leaves garland to hang from the mantel by picking out some nicely shaped leaves from your backyard – or just send the kids to do it for you. Next, buy some glue, glitter, a hole-punch, and ribbon to complete the project!
- Decorative lanterns are a great autumn decorating idea for your porch. Fill them with mini-pumpkins, pine cones, candles, or whatever fall décor your heart desires.
- These painted mason jars give a warm welcome to people entering your home during the season. Collect a few mason jars, buy some chalk paint & some stencils, and get ready to create a great indoor fall decoration.
- Roasted fall vegetables are a perfect side for any meal. Invite some friends over and roast these fall vegetables while they’re in season! Just add some olive oil, fresh thyme, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper!
- It isn’t a meal without dessert! This dessert combines two of our favorites: cheesecake and pumpkin into pumpkin cheesecake bars. This delicious treat is sure to satisfy your fall sweet tooth cravings!
Looking for more fall decorating or recipe ideas? We’ve got a bunch of ideas on our Holidays & Special Occasions and Recipes Boards on the Direct Energy Pinterest page. If you’ve already decorated for fall and are looking to get a jump start on Halloween, check out our Halloween Board!