Labor Day is the perfect time to get together with family and friends for fun outdoor celebrations, but did you know these festivities could be harmful to the environment? To make your Labor Day get-togethers eco-friendly (but still a blast!), check out these five ways to go green:
- Grilling out? Ditch the charcoal, and opt for more environmentally friendly options like wood chips.
- Utilize tableware and utensils that are reusable, like ceramic plates, which can be washed and used again.
- If you’re serving canned or bottled beverages, make sure you designate and clearly mark a recycling bin for guests.
- Instead of throwing your food scraps into the garbage, try composting your leftovers and food waste! Check out the EPA’s composting tips to learn more about food waste recycling and composting.
- Use reusable decorations.
How are you celebrating Labor Day? Do you have any eco-friendly tips or going green ideas you’ll be putting into practice? Tell us on our Facebook page!