Time to get fit! How do you get your daily workout in? There are plenty of eco-friendly ways to get in shape. Here are a few green ways to work up a sweat!
- Take it outside—Swap the treadmill for a run or jog outside. If running isn’t your thing, go biking or hit the park for some jump rope.
- Use green gear—Look for eco-friendly gear such as yoga mats made from non-PVC materials or sports bra and tops made from recycled polyester or organic cotton.
- Stay hydrated—Drink from a reusable water bottle during every workout, odds are you’ll drink more, plus you’ll save money!
- Buy second-hand—When purchasing equipment, look for used weights, bikes and other equipment.
- Go equipment free—Workout equipment uses a ton of energy! Try running on the track instead of the treadmill and swap the weight machines for body weight exercises like pull ups, push ups and squats.
What’s your favorite way to workout? Share your workout tips with us in the comments section! Be sure to check out our “What Gives You Energy” board on Pinterest because getting fit gives you energy.