Do you have a pool? With summer in full-swing, pool maintenance can become a tedious and costly chore— for you and the environment. To keep your pool clean while going green, try some of these eco-friendly pool tips:
- Opt for ultraviolet pool cleaners. Ultraviolet pool cleaners help reduce the amount of chlorine and other chemicals needed to clean your pool.
- Purchase a pool cover. Having a cover for your pool helps reduce water evaporation, which will minimize the need to continually add water to your pool.
- Invest in a solar-powered pool cover. If your pool is heated, consider investing in a solar-powered cover that uses the sun’s energy to warm your water.
- Use LED lights. Switching your pool’s bulbs to LED lights may dramatically reduce your electric bill, and your carbon footprint.
- Ensure your pool’s equipment is running properly. To minimize your energy costs, make sure your pool’s filter and cleaning equipment are running efficiently. Also, consider purchasing water-saving filters.