The following is an important message for customers who recently submitted comments to us through Direct Energy’s ‘Contact Us’ portal on our website. It has come to our attention that some comments submitted to this portal were potentially available for viewing on the Internet through certain search engines.
We have taken action to ensure that this information is removed from public access. The message, as you submitted it to us, was the only information available that could have potentially been viewed. In the unlikely event that you discover any unusual or suspicious activity, please notify us immediately. We apologize for any concern this situation may cause.
In addition, we have a few tips:
- We remind you to be on the look-out for email messages or telephone contacts that ask you to provide or verify payment or other personal information
- We also suggest that, if you are a Direct Energy customer, you review your invoices and account details over the coming months to make sure that there have been no changes to your service
- For Canadian residents wishing to address any questions or concerns to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (1-800-282-1376), or learn more about privacy and how to protect yourself at http://www.priv.gc.ca and at The Office of Consumer Affairs.
- To learn about additional precautions, you may want to contact credit reporting specialists like Experian (1 888 397 3742), Equifax (1 888 766 0008) or Transunion (1 800 680 7289)
We are available to speak to you if you have questions. The customer care contacts below are designated to respond promptly and efficiently to calls regarding this incident:
- U.S. North (Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania) : 1.866.348.4193
- Texas: 1.888.741.0009
- Alberta Regulated Electricity Services, Alberta: 1-888-420-3181
- Alberta Regulated Gas: 1-866-420-3174
- Alberta De-regulated Energy Services: 1-866-374-6299
- Ontario Home Services: 1.877.285.7402
- Ontario Residential Energy: 1.888.741.0009
- British Columbia: 1-877-376-1445
We are giving this our full attention and remain committed to protecting the information of our customers. Direct Energy is committed to responsive, reliable customer service. Any further updates regarding this matter will be posted here.
And again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to our customers.