Always on a mission to find ways to conserve and help our customers save, we developed the Reduce Your Use Rewards program (RYUR).
And today is the best day to join, as ERCOT has asked Texas electric customers to lower their energy usage from 3pm-7pm this afternoon, July 30th, 2015.
Energy conservation is important in general, but particularly important during those blistering days of a hot Texas summer. HVAC systems shift into full gear as folks try to keep their homes at a comfortable temperature, and this places an overload of stress on the electricity grid.
Thankfully, there’s no cost to join Reduce Your Use Rewards, and you’ll reap multiple benefits, including a $5 bill credit – but only if you sign up via your Online Account Manager.
And when you’re a part of RYUR, you’ll receive a 5% discount on their bills simply by lowering your energy usage during an “Emergency Event” by at least 10% compared to your calculated baseline usage.
Here’s how it works:
- An “Emergency Event” happens when extreme temperatures result in increased energy usage that brings the energy supply to dangerously low levels
- Direct Energy will inform you in advance of when an “Emergency Event” is scheduled to occur
- You will be notified of the event by text message and/or e-mail (depending upon the notification preferences you choose), complete with ways to use less energy.
- On the day of the “Emergency Event,” please to reduce your usage between 3pm-7pm (in the summer) and between 6am-9am and 6pm-8pm (in the winter)
- If you lower your usage to the necessary levels, you’ll receive a 5% discount as a bill credit on your next bill.
It’s really that simple – use less electricity when the Texas energy grid needs it most, and your bill could be lower because of overall decreased usage and the possible discount reward.
To sign up with Reduce Your Use Rewards from Direct Energy, simply log into your Online Account Manager and click the “Reduce Your Rewards” link in the “Special Offers” icon at the top of the screen and look for a $5 bill credit the next month. You’ll need to let us know how you want us to contact you when an event happens so you know when and how to use less electricity.
If an “Emergency Event” ever happens, Direct Energy will let you know so you can save energy and money!
To learn more, please visit the Reduce Your Use Rewards Terms & Conditions.