You may have noticed a recent change to your Direct Energy account number. This is a result of a system upgrade that allows us to serve the growing number of customers, continue to offer you new products and services as well as provide improved customer service.
I make my payments online. Will I need to add a new payee with a new account number?
If you remitted your payment electronically prior to August 2012 and you have not added a new payee with your new account number, this is what you need to do:
- You will need your 10 digit account number from your bill
- Sign on to your financial institutions secure website
- Select "DIRECT ENERGY HOME (ON) as a payee
- Enter your full account number
- If you require assistance, please contact your financial institution
I am on a pre-authorized payment plan. Will I need to notify my bank of my new account number?
If you were previously on pre-authorized payment plan, you do not have to do anything. We worked with your bank to update your account number.
How do I sign up for a pre-authorized payment plan?
If you would like to sign up for pre-authorized payment plan, this is what you will need to do:
- Pay the most recent bill you have received
- Request a form by emailing us or calling us using the contact info below
- Send the form and void check to:
Direct Energy Home Services
2nd Floor Billing Department
80 Allstate Parkway
Markham ON L3R 6H3
I pay my bill at the bank. Is there anything I need to do?
If you pay your bill at the bank, it may be helpful to take a copy of you most recent bill with you should they need to refer to your new account number.
Where do I find my account number on my bill?
Your account number can be found near the center at the top of your bill.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.