Current Regulation for Gas Burning Appliances – Customer Advisory Notice
On August 1, 2007, the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) adopted new national code requirements regarding the installation of plastic venting systems for gas burning appliances such as water heaters, boilers and furnaces.
This new regulation mandates that any new or replacement appliance installation must be completed with a venting material which is marked and complies with the new standard ULC S636 piping rather than unmarked PVC, CPVC or ABS piping which has been used for many years. This new code requirement has been adopted by all provinces across Canada and applies to every home in Ontario.
If you have questions regarding the variance process or any other enquiries related to this requirement, visit www.tssa.org.
Direct Energy Service Technicians and Installers will be able to answer all your questions about changing and renting your venting at your home or you can call for more details.
- Important Facts
- Tankless Water Heater Benefits
- Finding the Right Size Water Heater
- Rental Water Heater Terms and Conditions
- Door To Door Activity
- Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters
- How Water Heater Billing Works
- Current Regulation for Gas Burning Appliances – Customer Advisory Notice
- New Home Construction – Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Notice of Agency Appointment
- Notice Regarding Return Authorization Numbers
- Notice Regarding New Return Depot Location
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these PDF documents. You can download the software for free.