More Information on Paying Your Direct Energy Bill
Find out more information on how to set up recurring payment plans, set up one time bill payments, how to pay your Direct Energy bill, and more.
Recurring Payment Plans
Direct Energy Automatic Payment Program
Simplify the process of paying your electricity bill! Arrange to have your bill paid automatically from your credit card, bank debit card or bank account.
Advantages of the Automatic Payment Program:
- Save money on postage
- No need to write checks
- Avoid late fees
- Avoid the hassle of your payment arriving late, or lost or stolen checks
- No convenience charges
Don't want to enroll in the Automatic Payment Program online? Call 1-888-305-3828 with your credit card or bank account information. Or, for Direct Energy Power to Go call 1-877-866-6601
Pay by home banking online payments
Please ensure you use the correct Direct Energy "payee address" when using your personal or business bank account to pay online. Don't forget to include your account number on your online payment to ensure your payment is correctly applied to your account.
One Time Payments
No time to enroll in Online Account Manager? Make a one-time payment to your account with your credit card or debit card.
Pay by Mail
Direct Energy LP
P.O. Box 660896
Dallas, TX 75266-0896
Your check or money order should be made payable to Direct Energy. Don't forget to write your account number on your check or money order to ensure your payment is correctly applied to your account.
Pay by phone
To make a payment by phone, please call the appropriate number:
- Direct Energy customers: 1-888-305-3828.
- Direct Energy Power to Go prepaid customers: 1-877-866-6601.
Pay in person
Locate your nearest in-person payment location. Fees may apply depending upon location. Payments for prepaid accounts will require a Payment Number.
- Western Union – Enter your address to find the closest location. Western Union can be found at supermarkets, check cashers and convenience stores.
- ACE Cash Express – Enter your zip code to find the closest location.
- Fidelity Express – Enter your address or zip code to find the nearest walk in payment location.
- Check Free Pay – Enter your zip code to find the closest location
- PayXchange – Enter your zip code to find a payment center near you – Power to Go Only
- Cliff's Check Cashing – Enter your zip code to find the closest location – (Dallas) – Power to Go Only
How to Read Your Direct Energy Service Bill
Your monthly bill includes charges for generating electricity, your energy use per kWh, the distribution of electricity to your home or place of business and all applicable taxes such as federal, state and local. Monthly bills can include nonrecurring charges or charges allowed by the rules of the PUCT.
For more information on how to read your bill: Click here
For a list of Direct Energy billing terms: Click hereView Your Bill Online
Just switched to Direct Energy as your electricity provider?
Please note that you will receive your first bill approximately 30 days after we receive the necessary account information from your local utility. We will send out your electric bill once per month. If you have not received a recent bill from us, please call us at 1-888-305-3828 for assistance.
Deferred Payment Program: If you are unable to pay the complete amount of your current bill, you may qualify to pay in installments on an overdue balance until payment is complete. Contact Customer Service to discuss your situation.
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these PDF documents. You can download the software for free.