Welcome to Direct Your Dining! This cooking series will introduce you to energy efficient recipes full of tips to keep your meals delicious without using every appliance in the kitchen. Preparing recipes with energy efficiency in mind at least once a week will make cooking a little easier, and may even help reduce your monthly electricity bill. Check in every week for a new recipe full of flavor and creativity that will surely impress your friends and family.
Get ready for some seriously inspired Thanksgiving leftovers with these tasty flatbreads. Today’s energy saving recipe features cheesy turkey doused in a delicious buffalo sauce with a crunch of celery.
Don’t waste that leftover white and dark meat turkey! Use your creativity to combine it with some remaining stuffing and homemade macaroni and cheese from Thursday for a tasty (and easy!) dish the whole family will enjoy.
The only energy used in this recipe is to make these flatbreads. You quickly bake them once assembled, but reduce the cooking time even more, just microwave the leftovers before putting the ingredients together. This means it will take less time for the flatbread to heat through, the cheese on top to brown, and the celery to get crisp.
I like this cheesy buffalo chicken flatbread with celery as it’s an entertaining twist on classic Thanksgiving flavors. If your family doesn’t make macaroni and cheese as a side dish, just use more cheese and the leftover side dish of your choice – or just really pile on the turkey, buffalo sauce, and shredded cheese.
There is no wrong way to serve up Thanksgiving leftovers! Today’s recipe is always a huge hit after the big day with my family, so I hope you try it out with your leftover turkey and macaroni and cheese this year!
Thanksgiving Leftovers Cheesy Buffalo Turkey Flatbread
- ½ c. Chopped leftover turkey (or any protein from Thanksgiving dinner)
- 1 c. Leftover macaroni and cheese
- 2 Flatbreads (I use premade Naan, but use your preferred premade flatbread)
- ¼ c. Buffalo sauce (I prefer Frank’s medium buffalo wing sauce, but use your favorite brand)
- ¼ c. Celery, diced
- ½ c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Microwave the macaroni and cheese and chopped turkey for 30 seconds to 1 minute to have it at a warm temperature to make cooking process faster.
3) Spread a spoonful of buffalo wing sauce on the flatbreads. Sprinkle the garlic powder over the buffalo sauce.
4) Spread a layer of macaroni and cheese over the buffalo sauce layer.
5) Place chopped turkey and diced celery evenly on top of the macaroni and cheese.
6) Drizzle some more of the buffalo wing sauce over the flatbreads before sprinkling the cheese on top.
7) Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of both flatbreads. Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper over the flatbread.
8) Bake for 13 minutes or until edges of flatbread are golden and the cheese on top is melted.
9) Cut into triangles and serve!
Do you have any creative ideas on how to turn YOUR Thanksgiving leftovers into a delicious flatbread delight? Share them with us in the comments below!
Check out our previous Thanksgiving-inspired Direct Your Dining recipes, and we will see you next week for another delicious recipe as we continue through this holiday season!
Recipe and Images by Stacie Morgan