Enjoy Fixed Rate Connecticut Electricity with Direct Energy!
View Connecticut electric rates and switch now!
Live Brighter 12
Lock in a low electricity rate for the next 12 months!
Give Brighter 12
We'll send a solar-powered light to someone in need at no additional cost.
You'll get a Luci light delivered to your home, and we'll also provide one to a family without access to electricity.
Enjoy 12 months of fixed-rate electricity and stop worrying about price fluctuations.
Live Brighter 18
Get 18 months of fixed rate electricity for your home.
Connect to Control 24
Connect to your home from wherever you are, plus get 24 months of electricity.
Why Should You Switch to Direct Energy?
- We offer great Connecticut electric rates in Eversource and United Illuminating that won't change for the length of your contract
- You'll avoid the hassle of electricity rates that change every few months just because the Connecticut power company says so
- Choose from multiple contract term options so that you can select the electricity plan and rate that's right for your home
- Energy Choice gives you the power! Choose the Connecticut power company you like most and bask in the advantages
- We've made it easy to switch through convenient online or phone ordering
- The switch will be seamless and without interruption so that you can feel secure on your decision
- Billing and payment to your Connecticut utility company remains the same to ensure you're taken care of
- Big rewards! Earn 1,000 Plenti points when you enroll in a new energy plan, and earn more points each month on your eligible energy supply charges. Use your Plenti points with select Plenti partners and enjoy the savings!
To view Direct Energy's historical rates for Connecticut visit the past variable rates page.
*Plenti is a rewards program. Terms and conditions apply, see plenti.com/terms for details. Click here for terms related to earning points on your monthly energy charges.
*It is not possible to use Plenti points at Direct Energy. See plenti.com/use-points/how-to-use-points for information on where to use Plenti points.
**Such residential retail energy plans are not available in all areas; please verify availability of plans in your service area. Plenti points for becoming a new Direct Energy Customer will be applied to your Plenti account approximately 14 days after your Direct Energy enrollment has been approved and you have begun receiving energy services from Direct Energy.
***Offers are subject to change and not available in all areas.