I'm having issues installing my Hive View; what should I do?
If you are having issues installing Hive View, please follow the steps below:
- Check the camera is plugged in, powered on, and the ring light on the camera screen is flashing blue. To power the camera on, press the power button for 1-2 seconds or reattach the camera cube to the stand when the stand has power.
- If the ring light is not flashing blue, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the ring LED does start flashing blue.
Check that you have enabled permissions for the Hive app to use your location in your phone's settings. See your phone manufacturer's instructions for information on how to do this.
Check that the network you are trying to connect to is not one of the following:
- A public Wi-Fi hotspot
- A network that requires a cloud based username and password to connect
- Using an undiscoverable router
Next, check that:
- Your phone is close enough to the camera during installation to maintain the connection
- Your camera is close enough to the Wi-Fi router you are trying to install it to
- Your router has an internet connection. You can check this with your Internet Service Provider
If you're still unable to install Hive View, please follow the below steps:
- Press the power button on the underside of the camera to turn it off, hold the power button 1-2 seconds to turn it back on, then start the installation journey again
- Log out of the Hive app and force close the application for Android and iOS by double clicking the home button and swiping the app up
- Delete the app and install again
- Factory restore the camera: press the reset button in the pin hole on the underside of the camera for 7-8 seconds until you see the ring light double flash yellow twice.
- If you're still not up and running, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Technical Support team at 1-866-470-9122 from 8am-5pm (CST) daily.
To get additional help with your Hive View, visit Hive FAQs:
General FAQs | Installation FAQs | Using the Hive View
Want to contact a customer care representative?
Please visit Contact Us and select your state of residence to view the contact information for your area.