Reduce Your Use and Get Rewarded
Texas summers can be brutally hot. With temperatures skyrocketing during the day and not coming down much come nightfall, residents across the state tend to keep their A/C pumping and energy use high.
With Reduce Your Use Rewards, Direct Energy is rewarding customers all over Texas for using less electricity during specified times throughout the summer.
How You'll Get Rewarded:
When you sign up to participate in the Reduce Your Use Rewards program and reduce your energy consumption to the specific level on the days we request, you'll get a 10% discount on your next bill!
How it Works:
- Enroll in Reduce Your Use Rewards via your Online Account Manager.
- You'll be notified of the Peak Event through email, as well as in your Online Account Manager.
- The Peak Event will be 5 pm to 7 pm, Monday through Friday, starting August 1st and ending August 31st.
- Be sure to reduce your energy use during this time period only.
- If you succeed in reducing your use by 10%, you'll then receive your 10% bill credit!*
How You Sign Up to Participate:
You're eligible to participate in the Reduce Your Use Rewards program if you live in Texas, have a smart meter, and are serviced by either Oncor or Centerpoint. You can sign up by logging into your Online Account Manager.
Let's Start Conserving:
Enroll today and we can help lower your next bill! It's a great opportunity to help combat the overuse of our energy supply and you'll get rewarded with money credited to your account for doing so. We look forward to saving energy together with Direct Energy's Reduce Your Use Rewards!
*Discount applies to eligible energy supply charges and excludes taxes and TDU charges.
Already Opted In?
Log into your account to learn more about Direct Energy's Reduce Your Use Rewards program.