How do I get a New Occupant Confirmation form?
If you have recently moved, we may be waiting for two documents of confirmation from you:
- New Occupant Confirmation form. Please include the ESID number for your service address on this form.
- A photocopy of one of the forms of additional documentation listed in the form. You can send your document by choosing one of the following methods:
- Email: SwitchHold@directenergy.com
- Fax: 866-233-3429(toll free) or 832-584-2958(Houston)
- Mail: Direct Energy, P.O Box 3767, Houston, TX 77002
Please include the following when sending us your documents:
- Attached documents
- Direct Energy account number
- Name on account
- Service address
- Daytime phone number and best time to contact you
Be sure that your documents meet the guidelines below:
- Documents must be valid and not expired
- Images must show a full document page or, in case of state or national ID photo cards, both sides of the card.
- Images must be in PNG, JPEG, PDF or .doc format
- Images must be high-quality, unobstructed, legible and uncropped
We're here to help. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us via chat or by phone.
Read more about switch holds on our Switch Holds FAQs.
Want to contact a customer care representative?
Please visit Contact Us and select your state of residence to view the contact information for your area.