Why won't my SmartPower Outlet connect?
Connecting your SmartPower Outlet is as simple as telling the SmartThings mobile app you'd like to connect a new light/switch and then plugging it in. However, in cases where you have deleted the SmartPower Outlet and need to reconnect it to your Hub, you'll need to perform a factory reset of the device before it will successfully reconnect. To do so, follow these steps:
- Make sure the SmartPower Outlet is removed from your SmartThings Hub in the mobile app
- From the Dashboard, tap on the (+) icon to access SmartSetup
- Tap "Switches/Dimmers" bringing you to the associated Things page
- Tap "SmartPower Outlet"
- Tap the "+ Connect Now" banner at the top
- As you plug in the outlet, hold down the button on the face of the device
- As soon as the blue light turns on, release the button (*NOTE: If you don't remove your finger as the instant the blue LED light comes on, it will not successfully complete the factory reset process*)
- The LED should temporarily start blinking, and once it connects, it will stop, and the mobile app will indicate it has found a device
If you continue to have trouble, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Want to contact a customer care representative?
Please visit Contact Us and select your state of residence to view the contact information for your area.