Why won't my SmartSense Motion connect to my Hub?
The SmartSense Motion is an indoor motion sensor you can use to monitor activity inside your home. If you've already removed the pull-tab and tried connecting the Motion to your hub, you're going to have to connect it manually.
First, reset the Motion (this will require a small, Phillips head screwdriver):
- Take out the screws from the bottom of the Motion's enclosure using a small, Phillips head screwdriver
- Make sure the batteries are securely in place
- Hold down the small white button at the bottom of the circuit board for about six seconds until the LED goes out
Next, put your Hub in "Join Mode:"
- Try to be within 15 feet of the hub
- From the mobile app, tap the (+) icon toward the bottom of the Dashboard page
- From the SmartSetup page, tap "Connect New Device"
- Press the small white button at the bottom of the Motion's circuit board once (no hold, just a normal firm press)
- If the device isn't discovered after 30 seconds, push the button a few more times in two-second intervals
- Finally, once the app shows a device has been found, put the cover back on the Motion and re-fasten the screws
If you're still having issues connecting your SmartSense Motion to your Hub, please e-mail email@example.com.
Want to contact a customer care representative?
Please visit Contact Us and select your state of residence to view the contact information for your area.