Why is my SmartSense Motion stuck showing Motion or No Motion?
If your SmartSense Motion is stuck showing "Motion Detected" or "No Motion," there are a few things you can try to get it to cooperate.
- The motion sensor may be out of range. Try moving it closer to the Hub. The SmartSense Motion itself works as a Zigbee range extender if you plug it in via micro USB. If you have another one handy, plugging it in will enable it as a repeater and extend the range of your network. Try plugging it in between the troublesome motion sensor and the hub to see if that helps.
- In some rare cases, having an old SmartPower Outlet (Smartenit) plugged in can interfere with the motion sensor's ability to communicate with the Hub. To test this, simply unplug the outlet for a day and see if the motion sensor checks in. If that works, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more tips on troubleshooting your old SmartPower Outlet.
- Try removing and re-connecting the SmartSense Motion to your Hub. Often resetting and re-connecting the device can clear things up.
- The batteries could be dead. If you can, try swapping them out for replacements to see if that helps. The SmartSense Motion uses standard AAs.
- The battery contacts may be out of position or not seated properly. Pushing them in a bit can sometimes reestablish the necessary contact. Also make sure the batteries aren't backwards. These devices are assembled by hand so honest mistakes can sometimes happen.
If you've tried these steps and your SmartSense Motion still isn't working, please contact our support team at email@example.com for assistance.
Want to contact a customer care representative?
Please visit Contact Us and select your state of residence to view the contact information for your area.