Why is my SmartSense Multi stuck on Open or Closed?
If your SmartSense Multi is stuck in a particular state, there are a few things you can do to correct it:
- The Multi may be out of range. Try moving it closer to the Hub. If you have a SmartSense Motion, plugging it in will enable it as a repeater and extend the range of your network. Try plugging it in close to the Multi as this can help the device to report more reliably.
- In some rare cases, having an old SmartPower Outlet (Smartenit) plugged in can interfere with the Multi's ability to communicate with the hub. To test this, simply unplug the outlet for a day and see if the Multi checks in. If that works, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more tips on troubleshooting your old SmartPower Outlet.
- Try removing and reconnecting the SmartSense Multi to your Hub.
- The batteries could be dead. If you can, try swapping them out for replacements to see if that helps. Yes, they are AAAAs (as in four As). You can find them on Amazon.com or at most hardware stores or electronics vendors.
- The battery contacts may be out of position or not seated properly. Pushing them in a bit can sometimes reestablish the necessary contact. Also make sure the batteries aren't inserted backwards.
- The magnet inside the smaller portion of the SmartSense Multi can sometimes favor one side of the enclosure. If your Multi is stuck on "Open," try flipping the contact around so the other face is making contact with the bigger sensor portion.
- If you're using the Multi on your garage door, it may not be mounted properly. Make sure you have the flat, larger face of the Multi sensor mounted on the door, vertically, without the magnetic contact.
If these steps don't fix the issue, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Want to contact a customer care representative?
Please visit Contact Us and select your state of residence to view the contact information for your area.