Direct Energy Wellness
Direct Energy employees are encouraged to be their best, and that includes supporting one's health and well-being. From fitness partnerships to nutritional support, and opportunities to incorporate good habits into daily work life, Direct Energy hosts an in-house health and wellness program that expands to every office in our footprint, with opportunities for all employees.
On-Campus Wellness Support
- Direct Energy Wellbeing Health Stations provide a basic health review that includes blood pressure, oxygen levels, pulse rate, BMI, and more.
- Wellbeing Onsite Rooms allow employees a reprieve from the day to relax and have a healthy break.
- Wellbeing Onsite Massages allow employees to relieve stress and muscle tension.
- Wellbeing Group Exercise Classes allow employees the opportunity to work out at the office.
- Wellbeing Desktop Treadmills make it easy to walk and work simultaneously.
- Wellbeing Desktop Exercise Bike lets employees spin their wheels and work their minds.
- Wellbeing Onsite Fitness Room is a specialized space for employees to work out.
- Corporate Fitness Partnerships are in place across regions so that employees receive a discounted gym rate.
- Energy Markets at Direct Energy are there for employees who want a market-size selection of meals, snacks, and beverages. From salads and fruit, to protein drinks, energy bars, and meals from great places like MY FIT FOODS, energy stays strong and minds stay sharp through healthy eating. And don't worry, there are desserts, too!
- The Juice & Smoothie Bar Program gives employees the chance to boost fruit and vegetable intake with healthy ingredients set aside especially for blending! Office kitchens include Vitamix and Nutribullets, and special recipes are provided as well.
- Weight Watchers at Direct Energy gives discounts to employees who want to change their relationship with food through this trusted program.
The Direct Energy in Motion Miracle Challenge gives employees the opportunity to get in motion for charity every October. Direct Energy partners with Children's Miracle Network over the course of 27 days to provide employees 27 different mini-challenges connected to their fitness passion.
- Wellness videos including Weight Watchers Celebrity Chef Ryan Hutmacher and Wellness Program Manager Terrick Smith.
- Wellbeing newsletter distributed monthly.
- Social media and Direct Energy's Live Brighter Blog wellness content for the workplace.
- Direct Energy Wellbeing Champions who volunteer to sustain the health culture of the workplace through communications and engagement opportunities.