- You can re-use boxes for packing, and save money, too. Grocery and liquor stores throw out tons of boxes every week. Ask the manager if you can come by and grab some for your move. They'll be happy to let you take them off their hands.
- Use old newspapers or recycled paper to stuff boxes.
- Some moving companies offer biodegradable packing peanuts. Use these instead of Styrofoam.
- Use towels and old clothes to cushion breakable items.
- Pack your moving vehicle efficiently to save on trips and gas.