5 Reasons You Should Get an A/C Tune-up
Your air conditioning system: it’s your silent partner whose company you greatly enjoy on those hot days. When your A/C system is running well, you pay little attention to the system itself. But when it’s not running? Well, that you notice immediately.
The warmest days of the summer are when you really count on your A/C to go above and beyond. At the same time, it’s this extra hard work that can cause your system to fail right when you need it most. To prevent that from happening, now is the perfect time to get your system serviced before a system failure strikes you.
Getting your system serviced offers several benefits, including:
- Preventing little issues from becoming big problems. Wear and tear are forever joined; the more wear you have, the more tear there will be. The same is true with your air conditioning system. Problems that start small will gradually grow if they are allowed to continue. Having your A/C serviced by a licensed technician can identify and repair these problems before they become too big. This not only ensures your system will remain functional, but saves you money by warding off a larger, costlier repair project or even a unit replacement.
- Protecting your unit’s warranty. Like many larger-priced items, A/C units commonly come with a long-term warranty that will step in and cover the costs should something happen to your unit. However, unlike many other products, A/C warranties are often tied to requirements for seasonal maintenance, and a failure to continue this maintenance could void the warranty. Having your unit serviced by a professional technician ensures your unit is running well and that your warranty is protected.
- Reduced environmental impact. If you live near the ocean, it is especially important you have your unit routinely serviced. Salt carried in the sea breeze can find its way into your A/C unit, expediting the rusting process. Cleaning the unit frequently removes this salt before it has time to build up and cause your system to rust out.
- Improve the efficiency of your unit. On those blisteringly hot summer days, you want to get in and get cool as quickly as possible. One of the central duties of a system inspection is to remove buildup that may be clogging the condenser. The longer this buildup is allowed to persist, the more clogged your system will become, making your unit more inefficient. This is important because an inefficient system will take longer to cool your home, or will force you to set the temperature even lower to achieve cooler temps in the same time frame, both of which make it hard to...
- Save money. The more you use your A/C unit, the more your electricity bill will increase. Because of that, it pays to run your unit as efficiently as possible, ensuring you get the desired effect for minimal expense. So connect with your A/C technician and set up a service call today. The only thing better than the comfort of your A/C unit on a blisteringly hot day is knowing the price you’ll pay is comfortable as well.