Our Communication Approach
At Direct Energy, we believe that by communicating our successes and failures in a transparent manner that satisfies the interests of our stakeholders, our businesses can respond to opportunities and avoid risks posed by current and potential issues in a culture of continuous improvement.
When we identify and understand the key risks and opportunities facing our business and the communities in which we live and work, it allows us to develop corporate policies, meaningful and material strategies, and clear targets and indicators that will help us better manage and monitor our performance.
To deliver our business strategy successfully, we must recognize and respond to the many economic, social, and environmental challenges of our operations.
This is why we:
- Communicate our position on key issues and, through our business principles, we are clear about the standards we expect of ourselves and those we work with;
- Consult with our employees, customers, investors, and wider stakeholder groups so we can understand and promote the economic and environmental matters affecting our business and the communities in which we live and work;
- Develop distinctive strategies, commitments, and targets to identify and prioritize the opportunities, risks, and challenges we face; and
- Measure accordingly in order to manage and communicate our performance with openness and transparency, so that our stakeholders understand the progress we're making.
Strong governance is essential to a company managed in the interests of its shareholders, customers, employees and stakeholders.
The Direct Energy Corporate Responsibility Committee oversees our corporate responsibility strategies and activities on behalf of our Executive Committee.
The Corporate Responsibility Committee is authorized by the Executive Committee to maintain oversight of Direct Energy's:
- Corporate responsibility strategy and control mechanisms including policies, procedures and communications;
- Performance indicators including monitoring and measurement methodologies and targets;
- Identification of corporate responsibility risks, challenges and opportunities, informing and advising the Executive Committee and our businesses, as appropriate; and
- Corporate responsibility stakeholder engagement initiatives and communications.
The Corporate Responsibility Committee meets quarterly and reports to the Direct Energy Executive Committee on an on-going, as-needed basis.
For more information on how we get involved view our 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report.
If you have questions relating to our Corporate Responsibility Program, email us directly.
Code of Conduct
Our Commitment to Maintaining an Honest and Ethical Culture
Direct Energy is committed to conducting business in an ethical and responsible manner, complying with the law, and fostering a productive and safe work environment.
All Direct Energy employees are expected to act with honesty and integrity, conduct business with transparency and accountability, and maintain a focus on sound management systems and internal controls. These expectations are more fully described in Direct Energy's Code of Conduct.
To contact someone regarding the Code of Conduct:
- Visit the "Speak Up" Helpline website. Here, you will find instructions on how to communicate workplace concerns confidentially and anonymously, whether by phone or internet.
- Send mail to:
12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 250
Houston, TX 77046
- Send an e-mail to our Ethics and Compliance department.